Tuesday 29 May 2012

Day 7


Sunday the 27th of May

Sunday was the first morning that me and my guest could sleep in. We liked that.
After a quick  shower and a huge breakfast we started making plans for the day. After the planning we sat in the garden for a while.

We called a view of other guests and hosts to meet. It was a weird feeling to not meet up with the entire group in the morning. So we went to a cafe in Kalvertoren for a coffee with a great view on the city. We quickly bought a view gifts for my guest’s girlfriend, parents and friends.

And before we knew it we had to go back to the airport to depart.

Both of my parents came along and we all felt kind of good, until we were confronted with the tickets, passports and  the checking in. It felt so short while ago when we came to collect our guest.

We said goodbye to the latvian group in a dramatic way. A few people cried and everyone was pretty sad.
Then the Hungarian group checked in and we, the latvian hosts, rushed to say goodbye to the Hungarians aswell. Here the saying goodbye was even more emotional and I felt very sad. I hugged everyone goodbye and that was it. The week was over. It took some time to sink in, because it was in the car that I realised the whole week went so fast and was so much fun.

I really enjoyed this week and really made some good friends.
It was very educational as well. I really enjoyed seeing Amsterdam through the eyes of a tourist.

Kees (and a bit of Reinis) 











No comments:

Post a Comment